7/29/2009

The Sennheiser HD595 Headphones Review

The Sennheiser HD595 were my first REAL headphones.
First, they are gigantic. Not portable at all. The comfort, however, is excellent. Definitely the most comfortable headphones that I've ever worn.
Sound quality is what got me to sell these, however. They are simply too neutral. Their for Sennheiser HD595 ward presentation in addition to the neutral sound really makes them just too boring. These would make great monitoring headphones, but there is no real excitement when listening to these headphones. It sound very much like the Sennheisers are trying to make Grado sound-a-likes but they failed in my opinion.
Detail and soundstage are very good, however. Soundstage is almost too good - it sounds very three-dimensional and it feels almost as if the different stereo channels are mixed together to create a mono sound. Every detail of the song can be heard - VERY detailed.
But I do have a problem wit hthe soundstage. I rated it a 9 because for most people this will be a huge selling point for these cans. However, I found personally that the soundstage almost was able to turn a stereo song into mono. Again, detail and soundstage is AMAZING, but I think that the soundstage is almost too good for some peoples' tastes.

No comments:

Post a Comment