8/10/2009

AKG K 701 Headphones Review

Oh Mother, I am always excited when I heard rumors about the existence of AKG K 701 headphones! If you are one of those audiophile smile, to those of us who, like the headphones, you're probably rolling eyes and think that the lack of a rich inner life. AKG K 701 headphones


However, to the conclusion that the Skippy-some of us with these prosumer doses in our studies, in recording sessions, and the inclusion in the barn at night critical listening sessions in which the use of auxiliary Jaded beggar their high sensitivity. These are not three deer, upchuck phones flogs your friendly flight first flight characteristic. We are talking about a series of tools that are on a flea fart in a cathedral.


Well, some of us. Me, I'm a geek, headphones, so that the message that the AKG was the introduction of a dynamic flagship headphones, I had aquiver with anticipation. Because the last major attack on the state of the art headsets of 1000 K, the so-called AKG "earspeaker," especially since the speakers are similar in many ways prior to this Saturday against the ear Pinna and the bar in the music, but the pump more or less directly into the ear, like most mobile phones. Even animals to ride. John Marks is a big fan, and John has great taste in art, but I admired more than 1000 K, I loved it, especially because I am incredibly fiddly. I was convinced that I never earspeakers same angle, so it was always on the lookout for a better balance. As Bob Reina once felt about electrostatic speaker system of a large island, where you desperately need something to do, but for regular listening, not so much. In addition, the 1000 K close to great expense in AKG is his time last year.


He was the K 701s would be about $ 400, $, the 450-and often discounted. And by the time Head-Fi had its New York Regional Meeting in November 2005, the word around the Internet, the K 701s would be barely sufficient. AKG distributor in the United States has two couples to take a margin of Tyll Hertsens and a "hard-core headphones. Neither the couple for more than a few hours of music playback, during playback, and fascinating, with a hardness that I am not prepared to trade in my reference Sennheiser HD-650S. But they are very comfortable, and their frames, wire, leather belt, and white, porcelain-like search engine and a retro-looking accommodation Futuristic fashion statement . They were too quiet, not a hint of noise or sums.


Two days later I received an email from Hertsens: "I have more than 100 hours of music playback in the 701s and I have a new reference. You have not heard half of what they could do." It is better to believe that I have been waiting five months for a review sample seemed a long time. Why so long? AKG a blow on the hands. They were not fast enough to meet demand.

Occasionally refuses to even listen
If you do not focus on high-end headphones, $ 450 sounds like a lot of pasta, and it is. You can say what are those things of gold? There is nothing in the K 701s is anything unusual, unless you count the rare type of technology that sweats all the small details.


Take the cable, for example. AKG-German-English translation engine called "true bi-wiring" in some publications and "balanced" in others. What do we mean that the 701s separate assembly for each engine rather than a common basis (although the ¼ "jack is not a common basis, of course). This is probably one of the reasons why, as they were beaten by the 701s in peace for the first time heard, and every time thereafter.


AKG is 99.99% pure OFC which are not "six nines" (99.9999% pure) copper, but it is not the best use of headphones, good. The use of voice coil of wire aircraft, which is relatively common in high-quality speakers and microphones, but is still below the common doses. Flat wire coils better concentrate the magnetic field in the coil in the vote to gain control of the upper membrane traffic.


The 701s also the AKG Varimotion converter. Contour of the iris is often in the middle of the periphery. The Center serves as a rigid tweeter, while the more flexible limits lower frequencies. AKG Runnels rigid court in order to optimize the mechanical impedance of the membrane, or AKG, says "the diaphragm has been optimized to prevent unwanted vibration modes." The point is that the center of the membrane pistonically as possible and then keep the coil centered in the magnetic field. The AKG says, "whereby the harmonic distortion, extended bass and greater volume."


As already mentioned, the 701s are very comfortable. His huge, ear-enveloping foam pads, with a kind of velvet, on Saturday in my head for hours without seeming warm or tight. AKG used to say, "3-D foam, which calls for foams of different densities. They also claim the way bearings allows the driver to look at the ears "in the right angle." You can not prove they were, but the results are hard to argue with Sonic. The hammock style leather sling in the spring wire connection on rails cradle the listener's head also contributes to the luxury good. The way that the section head and ears spoiled 701s.


Since the K 701 is not available for the iPod generation, but AKG market study, mobile phones ended with a ¼ "jack. However, a significant proportion of the metals from ¼" to 1 / 8 "converter, if you include the use of EM with a source that only a mini-jack (my margin Micro headphone amplifier, for example). AKG includes a docking cradle "essentially a podium with a cut-foam, the above-Perca 701s recording console or desktop. At first I thought that this is the dumb Gimme I've ever seen, but I ended with a lot. Actually, a place for something that probably makes it I'm back in the chaos that is my office. Oh, I'm kidding, that in the chaos that is my life.

There must be someone who hears my story?
Despite the brilliant whiteness of his ears, K 701 is not a connection with the ubiquitous iPod. Because it is a ¼ "connector problem, of course, and the headphones are big, even if it is light, and are not really easy to build on Noggin running or cycling while. Even if you're in seated position with his spacious back seat aircraft, the loss of your shoulders open societies make poor.


So, if you use the C-701s? Controlling the recording sessions, of course, as anywhere you need high quality tools for listening, which means that in my house the whole world, I have a headphone amplifier: office, living room and laundry (weird, I know, but my wife is finding subtle ways to do things for me).

Why use a headphone amplifier? Well, the K 701s are not very difficult to handle, but the power of the average flea laptop (or even the ¼ "connector in most separates) tends to emphasize that initial edginess that I am in my first experience with the 701s much in the way we listen to a pair of speakers near a power amplifier accentuated deficiencies. The 701s are not only in this sense, the most ambitious designs of great use headphones, a well-designed headphone amplifier. Fortunately, I had a lot of these amps in the house with several generations of reach, Iceland Channel Audio VHP-1, and Ray Samuels Audio SR-71 Hornet. They left the K 701s' tonal balance and authority to flowers.


Say the word I
When I first got involved with the AKG K 701s, I have just to confirm my first impression of an aggressive self-confidence I do not cotton. By Tyll Hertsens Declaration, which are carried out, I have an unused room, connected to a Channel Islands Audio VHP-1 and Musical Fidelity X-RayV3 CD set to repeat. I do not listen to a few hundred hours, so no, I was crushed.


About a week later, I noticed in the AKG K-701s and that edginess was gone, replaced by the natural balance of sound with a high gloss and a strong final ridiculously bad. What are the causes of this change? Some people speculate that the diaphragm is more flexible, with the game, or a mechanism in the engine in. I do not claim to know what happened, only a few one hundred hours playing vigorously converted K 701s.

No comments:

Post a Comment