7/17/2009

REVIEW WESTONE UM3X MUSICIANS EAR MONITOR


Status: On the W3 and the extraordinary UM3x both in terms of sound quality and editing. They do not seem very different, but in this review and give an overview of the differences. As for my preference, I was for a couple to obtain and sell the others, but, hey, me and be used for different purposes.

Background: I use these headphones for my iPod, and only the 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle, the classic 80 and Nano 4th Generation. I CDs to my music, with losses in 80 concerts of classical music, and 256 bits for the densification of nano and Shuffle.

I have almost all the major brands of helmets under $ 500, Weston, and prefer the sound signature and adaptation by a substantial margin. Just seems a natural marks in my ear, and by a happy coincidence, the best fit. I've always been on real estate UM1 and UM2 than W3 and UM3x.

I know that many MPEOPLE are fans of Weston, as I am, but maybe some people will prefer to adapt or the sound of other brands. YMMV. For me, the physics of sound is very high priority. Shure second - a second - as the natural sound quality and reliable experience. Behind the other brands in the sound and form.

Warnings:
(1), the seal is an essential precondition for deep bass and conveniently is an essential prerequisite for the hearinghe. I discovered that I am very guteale for Shure black foam tips for my Weston, and use them exclusively. ($ 15 or $ 20 for a box of five).
(2) break in every new pair of headphones for about 40 hours before the test.

Tonal balance: W3 something deeper bass and a little "over the measure UM3x. However low, and many UM3xt better controlled than the W3, which is sometimes lost in the huge and comparison. UM3x is quite high, and extended. Midrange is more importantUM3x, EntwicklungSie again seems a little "back in W3.

I am tempted to say that UM3x a natural tonal balance, but these headphones just emphasize different aspects of music. For example, with the UM3x feel closer to the singer or saxophone or piano. W3 feeling that si det near the battery or the violin.

UM3x a little "lighter tonal balance in a direct comparison between the richest sound W3. The balance of the richest W3 is a little" mver nice, but is willing to pay uNr. Price in terms of loss of the upper half of the margin of presence and detail.

W3 detail first refinement refined sound, the best UM3x, that is. However, I had the feeling that the UM3x is very refined, and more details and tell sfumaturees by Ament. I think that gives you more details about the recording, for better or for worse. Ie, W3 additional portion of "perfection" might be that it is easy for milderenMerkmale the potentially unpleasant sound of MP3 and AAC audio compression. I think that this means that it would be better records UM3x particularly, but not hard to forgive the records.

Rhythm: IlUM3x offers incredible pace. This sound is powerful and fast forward. Estou fun for music that moves your feet! W3 is hanging in this area, not all, but slower than the UM3x.

Construct and fit: W3 appears to have a certainlarger quality of construction vonlla headphones, but the UM3x is in this sense. UM3x is mmineral convenient because it is something deeper. I think that even with the cables, which fortunately are very light and flexible.

My decision?

A. Continue UM2 the gym with my shuffle (If llier penalty of $ 300 for the use of headphones to shuffle at least 256-bit-rate). The UM2 is incredible dynamics and low proportions, sound very natural, and more than enough information for live rock concerts that I love to play while I work or.

B. W3 and an alternate UM3x in my nanoy classics. I use the nano in my pocket and Voyetà coffee. The weight remains at home Classic. Yes, it can be nuts, but I will keep both. Estás doses are different and have their merits. Audio is my hobby and passion, why not?

If you have a gun to my head and I had the choice? I UM3x for me, but please noteYou that I am a long audiophile, and I would like to hear more in the range audiophile speakers - or even compressed recordelementi Chunder CACAR very difficult to assess. Is that the best Sound of Music all the best.

This is very difficult to compare CALL "apples and oranges" because I lost the strengths of the W3. For me, but in general the value of the accuracy of reproduction, provided that the wood is very natural.

Please note that I never Reguuse of 128 bits, which is the default, until recently faApple iTunes Store. The least that we use is 256 and there's a lot less compression artifacts 256, 128

UEnfin believe UM3x is something "more comfortable.

If I have an iPod with a bitrate of 128, or just wanted to set the tone FUN - and surprisingly high - or the gentle and relaxing sound in a variety of recording quality - my choice would be different.

Advantages:
UM3x: very confortable, Punchy, natural sound, very detailed, deep bass, and half, very nice
Ccomplementos:
Not the other hand, in absolute numbers.W3 has slightly deeper bass, but less controllable.

No comments:

Post a Comment